Our goal is to ensure that “No one goes hungry in Sequim.” We strive to highlight five core values in our work:
• Compassion and Respect: Turn no one away from services and always encourage positive relationships with clients and the community.
• Stewardship & Sustainability – Be responsible stewards of our resources with focus on providing well maintained, safe facility and equipment and minimizing waste as possible.
• Education & Prevention – Commit to promoting healthy eating while reducing hunger and striving to understand, eliminate and prevent the root causes of hunger.
• Collaboration & Cooperation – Engage and involve a network of community members.
• Diversity & Multiculturalism – Understand the diverse individual and cultural needs in our community.
The Sequim Food Bank assisted more than 2,100 different families at least once in 2014.
Approximately 30% of the food we send “out the door” helps to feed a child under the age of 18; approximately 20% helps to feed an adult over the age of 55.
We are a community-supported organization. Food drives and donations from local groceries account for much of the food we distribute, while financial contributions allow us to maintain a regular supply of important basics like milk and eggs.
Volunteers are the heart of our operation. The Sequim Food Bank has more than 50 active adult volunteers and more than a dozen active youth volunteers.
Sequim Food Bank PO Box 1453 Sequim, WA 98382 (360) 683-1205 Andra Smith, Executive Director