e Hawaiian Gardens Food Bank is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the community and changing lives by helping people help themselves. During challenging times when providing the essentials becomes difficult, the Hawaiian Gardens Food Bank provides hope to many families through its nourishment program, job skill training and self-enrichment workshops. The success of the Hawaiian Garden Food Bank depends on the cooperative effort between the Irving Moskowitz Foundation who contributes 60% towards the purchase of food and the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank who donates forty percent of the food distributed to needy families.
Mission: To provide food and other resources to families in need. To accomplish our mission to end hunger we will:
- Solicit surplus food from distributors and distribute it to needy families
- Form strong partnerships with local grocery stores, produce distributors, and other non-profit organizations.
- Find additional resources to fight hunger
- Raise hunger awareness and increase community outreach
- Provide additional resources and services for needy families